火曜日, 8月 16, 2011

Change Is Good

A couple of weeks back I was feeling down about the many changes happening in the organization I work for, in fact it is still happening. Yesterday I had the chance to know for the first time my new boss via video con. My first impression is that she's a very capable person. What I liked about her is she's honest that she doesn't have an IT background but she's very experienced. She also seem to be very people-person, which is very important to me. I see she's exerting effort to reach out to the local markets in a more effective way, something I didn't feel before. I have a feeling that I can learn a thing or two from her.
Speaking of change - I did a minor one, literally speaking. Got a new color for my hair and my hairdresser's assistant blow dried it straight. He is a big man! I mean really huge, about 6ft tall, bulky, tanned, with big hands - he's nowhere near gay :) He scolded me for not styling my hair, and really got upset when he found out that I don't blow dry it in the summer. He said that it's a waste because my hair is ideal for styling. He said that if I find it difficult, start with the bangs! It makes a big difference! And he further stressed that he's not saying this as my hairdresser but as someone who really thinks that I'm wasting something I've got..Whew---! So..feeling partly ashamed and happy being complimented, I decided to change my morning habit and start blow drying and as he suggested with the bangs!

We're all scared to take the first step after a big change happens in our lives. Yet,we have a great teacher: LIFE, who pushes us to take that baby step and peek at something unfamiliar and as we are pushed to take those baby steps, we wake up one day realizing that the thing foreign to us is no longer. Isn't that amazing?

0 件のコメント: