木曜日, 8月 11, 2011

Back To The Social World

My first social outing in 2 weeks! Yep I got out of hibernation to meet up with a new contact introduced by a common friend. I was added to another group consisting of a mix of foreign and Japanese members. They were nice and I like them.

I talked to one of them and heard about his experience volunteering in the north. He talked about unimaginable sorrow, the unbelievable destruction and the very sad plight of those in the north. He also said that because there is so much to do (and that includes retrieving dead bodies suddenly discovered while digging ditches) , one doesn't have the time to feel anything. It is just a matter of go and dig, and then move on to the next.
Down here in Tokyo, we're almost settled and we panicked at every slight shaking, but up there in the north, people are still trying to keep their lives together, what ever is left that is. 5 months have gone by after the quake and the reactor meltdown, but I hope we remember that there are still those in very much need of our support and prayers.

0 件のコメント: