火曜日, 8月 09, 2011

Core Foundation

I believe that core foundations start with someone teaching you about how to do things the right way (well, at least from that person's perspective). Whether it is at business or in our private lives, we have routines, we have habits and ways of doing things that come out naturally, without us even needing to pay attention.

One of those I have is the use of 'Dear OOO' and 'Best Regards' in a business email. It was something that got in me when I first start to work and my IBM 先輩 (senior, errr trainner??) told me that was the standard way of writing. Fresh out of school I easily absorbed it and even now, most of my colleagues don't even bother to say the name in the greeting section, I still respond with the Dear and the Best Regards. I don't know, I just think that it's polite to do it that way. Besides it also helps me remember who I am writing to which is really a good mental preparation for how I should be writing.

I don't intend to change the way I write business emails because it works for me, I feel good that I'm being polite, and it also helps me put my thoughts together, acting as a reminder of who I'm talking to. To others it may not mean anything, but then again, if you think about it, don't you feel happier when you receive something that has your name specifically written on it? It means that the person recognizes you as a person.

0 件のコメント: