金曜日, 8月 05, 2011

Passing Time At The Cafe

When was the last time I could afford free time at the cafe? The last was probably at Nakano about 4 years ago..Wow, it's been that long when I used to spend half a day sipping coffee while finishing up a book. Today I had 30 minutes to spare before my next appointment so I took time for the Ichiro book that I bought several weeks ago. I'm amazed to know that even as great a hero as Ichiro Suzuki, he spent 7 years of his professional life in Japan feeling lost and frustrated that he couldn't give his best. He tried to escape the environment but failed, and in the midst of that feeling lost, he just continued and went on. Look at him now. Arguably one of the best baseball players of all time. But in all of these, Ichiro Suzuki has been very focused, prepared and mentally tough in the pursuit of excellence. It's remarkable how he does not read any newspaper or magazine during on-season because he doesn't want to be distracted. In one of the pages of the book, he said that no matter how much we say we will not let what others say or write about us affect us, it is not true because we're all humans. Ichiro is also a very lucky and I guess intelligent guy to have picked the right partner in life. His wife is behind him all the way, all the time. She's sacrificed her career and her life revolves around supporting Ichiro. It is true what they say. huh, behind every successful man is a woman. Upon reading the book, I realized that Ichiro's success has got nothing to do with luck. He worked hard, he was very focused, he knew what he wanted and he was thinking about excellence all the time. Plus, he really love baseball.


When we work our hardest, when we give our best, when we let our passion rule over the insecurities and fear, when we play it fair in pursuing our deepest desire, we will be rewarded with good fate and good life. That I guess is Ichiro's legacy.

0 件のコメント: